Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ah! What a beautiful morning! The sun is shining, it's a little chilly outside (for Florida) but I have my cup of tea so all is well with the world. My baby brother is flying in from Illinois today to stay with us for 5 days and I'm really looking forward to seeing him again!

As far as studio news, I've been working really hard the last couple days to get my etsy site up and running but it officially went live Monday night. Yay! Also in preparation for my brother's visit, I've been working really hard in the studio to get to a stopping point so I can take all those days off and not have work drying out on me.

Yesterday I trimmed and handled 10 cups which is a lot for me. Because my work requires doing so much leatherhard work, I try to throw in multiples of 5 and 5. So if that was a usual day, I would have done 5 bowls and 5 mugs. That way I could decorate the bowls right after trimming while I was waiting for the handles to set up and all that. So in any case, doing that many handles at the same time seemed a little like a marathon to me! While they were drying I started decorating two pitchers, one vase, one mixing bowl and three salt and pepper shakers. So as you can tell, I got a lot done yesterday which I'm pretty excited about. Also, my two teapots survived the bisque with no cracking which is always a good sign!

1 comments:

Jeff said...

Your Etsy shop looks Great! I love the blushing foot on the bowl.

-jeff-