Monday, November 10, 2008

Well, I have received my first official rejection as a ceramic artist! Does that mean I have arrived?

I don't actually think it was because of the quality of work but rather because of my lack of sale (thus feedback from customers) on Etsy. Either that or they are just currently filled up in that category because I refuse to believe it was quality of work because I can see that, even with the faults of my work, it's every bit as good if not better than some of the people on that site. At least that's what I've chosen to tell myself....

Somehow I'm not feeling so motivated to get to the studio today. Not just rejection but also the fact that I am out of decorating slip and it's still on order from Bennett's and will be another week so the only thing I really have to do in the studio is glaze. I don't think I'm alone in saying that is my most unfavorite part of the process.

Regardless of all of this, I think I will head off to the studio today and perhaps throw myself a few nice caseroles. Something that requires lots of pieces and time so I can put off the decorating until my slip comes!

0 comments: