Saturday, September 13, 2008

Yesterday, as I was taking the long way home from the ceramic supply store near us (translation: long way=very lost since I had never been there before!), I realized something. First a little back history, we've only lived in the Orlando area now for about 1 month and up until the last week, I was still chasing doubts about this being the right place for me to be. Not anymore, as I was driving home, I realized I wasn't worried anymore. What was the surprising reason for this? Was it because I had a job and felt financially secure here? Nope, that hasn't happened yet. But I have a studio and so I am content.

Little realizations like this make me realize that being a potter really is what I want to do with my life. I can think of nothing better to spend my life trying to do! That's a happy thing to know, and comforting especially when you find yourself in a new city 18 hours from everything you know. I found my studio so I am content.

0 comments: