Saturday, January 17, 2009

So this post is going to be a bit short because I (accidentally) stabbed myself in the hand with a thermometer today and my hand is a bit sore.

I wanted to write because I've been looking for inspirations lately and I found some really beautiful vintage script letters. I was thinking possibly for my new chop stamp that I've been meaning to make out of some extra blocks of plaster I have lying around.

I actually really love the colors on this one. They are very vintage/scandinavian/60's/Medieval which I think is very fun!

This one is embroidered and the color palate is more in line with my work. I'm actually going to try and get a yellow similar to that one but maybe a bit more buttery. I have the test tiles but I haven't fired them yet. Once I get back home (I'm in NC training for my day job for 6 weeks), I will get those fired!

This one, I think, is my favorite! The leaves remind me of the swirly way the leaves are drawn on Islamic Pottery.

0 comments: